Friday, September 16, 2011

You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To

Way to often we think, "I can't do that" or "I'm not like them". I'd like to ask YOU the question, why do you think that? What makes the next person so different from you? You have a head, two arms, two legs, etc. I'll tell you a few of the differences. It's will, drive, will, determination and most importantly, attitude.

So, you don't have as much money. There are things called student loans, grants. Who says you have to go to a 4 year university? There are plenty of accredited community colleges. There is the excuse, "I work and have a family" or "I'm a single parent". Well, there are evening classes, weekend classes, online classes. Think of how much more you will be able to do for your family once you have that degree. The one that you hear now is, "I'm too old". Well, I got news for ya. My own mother (a grandmother) earned her degree well over the age of 50.

There is no reason you can't do what you want to do in order to succeed in life. You want a better job? Read, study, go to school. Request a meeting to speak with the HR person at that company to learn more about what you need to do to obtain a job. If you want to get ahead at your current job, talk to your boss. Let them know you want to achieve more, do more, be more.

First thing you need to do is get your mind right and say, "I can do it", because you can. There is nothing and no one that can prevent you from achieving your goal. You are somebody. You can achieve your goals. I'm not saying it's going to be easy. In most cases it isn't. The only person that can hold you back is you. So, start telling yourself you can do it...and then do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment